This summer, Sabancı University will offer an intensive Turkish language program for foreigners who would like to learn Turkish. It is specially designed for adults who want to learn or improve their Turkish, and is available at 3 different levels. The program enables students to not only learn Turkish, but also improve their knowledge of Turkish history and culture.
· The program consists of 3 different levels: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced level focusing on Reading.
· The objectives have been determined in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
· The program starts on tba and ends on tba.
· All students are required to take a Placement Exam to measure their proficiency level in Turkish language. Then students will be enrolled in the Modern Turkish Language courses according to their proficiency level.
· Classes will be held on the first four days of each week for a total of 20 hours.
· Sabancı University international students who complete the program will get 6 SU Credits.(12 ECTS)
· Accommodation can be arranged in the dormitories of Sabancı University, İstanbul
The program offers a number of seminars exploring diverse aspects of Turkish culture. Our guest speakers will give talks on history, economics, politics, literature, fine arts, classical Turkish music, etc. In addition, a series of Turkish movies will be screened and discussed within the framework of Turkish culture.
The total exposure to Turkish language and culture will be around 160-180 hours, consisting of 140 hours of teaching and learning in the classroom with the rest ocurring during extracurricular activities and field trips.
|TUR 113/513 - Basic Turkish||
TUR 113 and TUR 513 work books (BASIC) at Cemil Copy Center.
|TUR 223/523 - Intermediate Turkish||
Learning Turkish Step by Step (Intermediate book) Available at HOMER.
|TUR405/505 - Advanced Readings in Turkish for Foreigners||Reading list to be announced during the class.|
|Modern Turkish Language and Culture Summer Program Fees|
|PACKAGE 1 (One course fee without accommodation)||tba|
|PACKAGE 2 (1 course + accommodation in a 4-person room)||tba|
|PACKAGE 3 (1 course + accommodation in a 2-person room)||tba|
* Sabancı University reserves the right to make changes in any summer programs.
* Sabancı graduate students, Sabancı employees and their family members can pay 50% off.
* All Sabancı students can pay the program fee in 2 instalments.
*VAT is included in all prices.
All students should apply online to the program. Online Application dates will be announced.
Registration dates will be announced.
Since course capacity is limited, and applications will be evaluated immediately, we suggest you to reserve your seat as early as possible.
In order to be considered for admission, your application must be completed and submitted, and application fee should be paid by tba or before. Please follow the instructions on Online Application form, and do not forget to upload the following documents:
- English Proficiency Exam Result (Graduates or currently enrolled students of universities where medium of teaching is English do not need to take an English proficiency test.)